Become a Director of Revelstoke Bear Aware Society
We are in need of energetic, thoughtful individuals to help keep our Society current and effective. We hope you will consider joining our Board of Directors!
We strive to keep our community safe and our bears wild. We do this through our education program and our fruit tree gleaning program, and by offering a cost share program for bear-resistant bins and fruit tree removal. Our funding comes from grants and from the generosity of individuals and businesses in our community.
You are welcome to contact Jackie Morris, our President, at 250-837-9354 to talk about being a Director.
Things to know
- Directors guide our activities and priorities. We have two contractors that carry out our work – the Community Coordinator and the Gleaning Coordinator. For some undertakings we need to have a Director as part of the action.
- All Directors are members of RBAS. Memberships for individuals are $10.
- Directors are 19 years of age or older.
- We meet at 6:30 p.m. on the third Thursday of every other month. Add the Annual General Meeting and that means seven meetings per year. Occasionally an ad hoc committee might get together. Directors review the agenda and associated documents before each meeting, and respond promptly to RBAS internal emails.
- Positions on the Board are President, Vice-President, Treasurer, and Secretary. Our other four Directors are “Directors at large”.
- Terms are for two years, measured from Annual General Meeting to Annual General Meeting. Our Directors are usually elected at our AGM in February or March each year, but can be appointed at another time.
We look forward to hearing from you!